Chad Johnson happy to join the Coyotes — well, sort of
When Chad Johnson learned of the tweet by Arizona Sports’ Craig Morgan that he was heading to the play for the Coyotes, he was happy about the news, except it was the wrong Chad Johnson.
While Chad Johnson the hockey player has yet to comment about becoming the Coyotes’ newest goaltender, Chad Johnson the football player tweeted his enthusiasm to be in Arizona.
Johnson, the former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver otherwise known as Chad Ochocinco responded to Morgan’s tweet by simply saying:
While the football Johnson hasn’t played in the NFL since the 2012 season, the hockey Johnson will be making a return trip to the Coyotes after playing for the team in the 2012-13 lockout-shortened season. He appeared in four games where he saved 103 of 108 shot attempts for a save percentage of .954 and recorded one shutout.
- Close is no consolation for Coyotes’ head coach Rick Tocchet
- Coyotes still winless after Blackhawks net late goal
- ‘Yotes Notes: Reunion week for Coyotes at Gila River Arena
- Coyotes’ Clayton Keller playing with poise, leads NHL rookies in goals
- Craig Cunningham to appear in documentary, have number retired