Bills fan buys Sammy Watkins jersey moments before trade
It’s never fun to own the jersey of a player who gets traded. It’s even worse when that jersey is only a few minutes old.
This fan bought a Buffalo Bills jersey of Sammy Watkins, a wide receiver with three years of NFL experience and a 1,000-yard season under his belt thus far.
The only problem is, Stephen bought that jersey on Friday. Watkins was traded moments later to the Los Angeles Rams for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a second-round draft pick.
The tweet went viral, but that’s not likely to make up for the fact that Stephen just dropped some coin on a jersey that became outdated before lunchtime.
- Coyotes sign new goalie Darcy Kuemper to two-year extension
- Spring training preview: Marotta and Doug talk D-backs
- D-backs’ Steven Souza trade changes infield and outfield depth dynamics
- ESPN’s Elhassan: Elfrid Payton’s time in Phoenix is a tryout, not a rental
- Post-trade deadline look at Suns’ salaries, roster, draft picks