Bills fan buys Sammy Watkins jersey moments before trade
It’s never fun to own the jersey of a player who gets traded. It’s even worse when that jersey is only a few minutes old.
This fan bought a Buffalo Bills jersey of Sammy Watkins, a wide receiver with three years of NFL experience and a 1,000-yard season under his belt thus far.
The only problem is, Stephen bought that jersey on Friday. Watkins was traded moments later to the Los Angeles Rams for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a second-round draft pick.
The tweet went viral, but that’s not likely to make up for the fact that Stephen just dropped some coin on a jersey that became outdated before lunchtime.
- All-Star SS Manny Machado traded to Los Angeles Dodgers
- ESPN’s Doolittle: D-backs among top teams in need of Manny Machado
- Get Manny: For a playoff berth, D-backs need to go after Machado
- Trade for Bridges made Suns GM feel like ‘Grinch’; McDonough talks cost
- Arizona Coyotes trade Sislo, Hickey to Sabres for Hudson Fasching