It’s never fun to own the jersey of a player who gets traded. It’s even worse when that jersey is only a few minutes old.
This fan bought a Buffalo Bills jersey of Sammy Watkins, a wide receiver with three years of NFL experience and a 1,000-yard season under his belt thus far.
The only problem is, Stephen bought that jersey on Friday. Watkins was traded moments later to the Los Angeles Rams for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a second-round draft pick.
The tweet went viral, but that’s not likely to make up for the fact that Stephen just dropped some coin on a jersey that became outdated before lunchtime.
- Rangers trade pitcher to the Mariners for one dollar
- The Kyrie Irving trade rumors involving the Suns won’t go away
- D-backs acquire catcher from Twins, put Tomas on 60-day DL
- Report: Suns will not include Josh Jackson in trade for Kyrie Irving
- On way out of Detroit, new D-back Martinez told to go get a ring