Arizona’s Deandre Ayton wins Pac-12 Player of the Week
For the fourth straight time, the winner of the Pac-12 Player of the Week is from an Arizona school.
The freshman averaged 20.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in the Wildcats’ two wins against Long Beach State and UNLV.
On the season, Ayton is putting up 20.4 points, 11.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.4 blocks a game while shooting 61 percent from the field.
Arizona was not able to get back into the top-25 for the second straight week, but two wins against No. 7 Texas A&M and Alabama could see it jump back in.
- In Chandler buyout, Suns’ James Jones may be thinking in grandiose terms
- SI names Suns’ Deandre Ayton most impressive rookie of first month
- Suns’ Igor Kokoskov wants patience with expectations for Deandre Ayton
- Kickoff time, TV network announced for ASU at Arizona game
- Kickoff times announced for ASU at Oregon, Arizona at Washington State