Arizona’s Deandre Ayton wins Pac-12 Player of the Week
For the fourth straight time, the winner of the Pac-12 Player of the Week is from an Arizona school.
The freshman averaged 20.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in the Wildcats’ two wins against Long Beach State and UNLV.
On the season, Ayton is putting up 20.4 points, 11.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.4 blocks a game while shooting 61 percent from the field.
Arizona was not able to get back into the top-25 for the second straight week, but two wins against No. 7 Texas A&M and Alabama could see it jump back in.
- Conference-leading Wildcats prepared for challenging Oregon trip
- ASU out of AP Poll top-25 after rivalry loss; Arizona up to 14th
- Arizona baseball honoring former coach on uniforms, stadium seat
- Economic impact of the Valley’s big sporting event run? Try $1.3 billion
- Arizona’s rebounding overwhelms Sun Devils in closing stretch of win