Arizona’s Deandre Ayton wins Pac-12 Player of the Week
For the fourth straight time, the winner of the Pac-12 Player of the Week is from an Arizona school.
The freshman averaged 20.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in the Wildcats’ two wins against Long Beach State and UNLV.
On the season, Ayton is putting up 20.4 points, 11.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.4 blocks a game while shooting 61 percent from the field.
Arizona was not able to get back into the top-25 for the second straight week, but two wins against No. 7 Texas A&M and Alabama could see it jump back in.
- Deandre Ayton’s performance helps lead Arizona over Alabama
- ASU’s Sun Bowl matchup ranks poorly in Sports Illustrated’s bowl rankings
- Turnovers, poor shooting doom Grand Canyon in loss to St. John’s
- Arizona players thank GCU Havocs for support in Phoenix
- Arizona’s defense proves too much for No. 7 Texas A&M in Phoenix