N’Keal Harry among three ASU players on All-Pac-12 teams
Arizona State receiver N’Keal Harry was named to the 2017 All-Pac-12 First Team on Tuesday, and he was joined by two Sun Devils on the second team.
Defensive lineman JoJo Wicker and defensive back Chase Lucas were named to the conference’s second team defense.
Harry, a sophomore, finished the regular season with 73 receptions for 1,000 yards and seven touchdowns to lead ASU. That followed a promising freshman campaign where the 6-foot-4, 216-pound receiver compiled 659 receiving yards and earned Scout Freshman All-American honors.
The junior Wicker recorded 39 tackles on the year, leading the Sun Devils with 12 for loss and ranking second with six sacks. He also forced a fumble and recovered a fumble on the year.
Lucas, a redshirt freshman, tallied 53 tackles with a team-high seven pass breakups and two interceptions.
Other ASU players receiving honorable mention recognition included quarterback Manny Wilkins, running back Demario Richard, defensive back Chad Adams, defensive lineman Sam Jones, plus linebackers D.J. Calhoun and Christian Sam.
WILDCATS LEFT OFF ALL-CONFERENCE TEAMS
The Arizona Wildcats were left off the Pac-12 All-Conference team lists in 2017.
Making the honorable mentions were quarterback Khalil Tate, running back Nick Wilson, receiver Shun Brown, lienbacker Colin Schooler, and offensive linemen Jacob Alsadek and Nate Eldridge.
- Report: ASU basketball finalizing home-and-home series with Georgia
- Globalization of tennis fuels debate, sparked assembly of ASU men’s team
- Change of scenery: Transfers find challenges followed by opportunity at ASU
- Is this the year both ASU, Arizona miss out on baseball postseason?
- Coach Rick Neuheisel, AAF believe in Arizona market for more pro football