Bill Walton thinks DeAndre Ayton is an animal — in a good way
Bill Walton compares Deandre Ayton to the wildlife of the far west pic.twitter.com/PgF8uyJnqt— Ryan Kelapire (@RKelapire) January 5, 2018
If you watched Arizona defeat Utah Thursday night on ESPN, you got to experience the unique broadcasting style of college basketball legend Bill Walton.
Paired with play-by-play man Dave Pasch, Walton provides commentary that well, you either love or you hate.
Earlier this season, Walton compared Arizona freshman center DeAndre Ayton to another hoops legend.
“You just look at him and say ‘oh, my God, I believe in evolution,’” Walton said during UA’s win over Texas A&M in Phoenix in early December. “He’s the best player at this level since Shaquille O’Neal.”
High praise, indeed. But Thursday, the colorful color analyst made some downright inhuman comparisons featuring Ayton, who finished with 24 points, 14 rebounds and two blocked shots in the 94-82 win over the Utes.
- It’s not OK: Luka Doncic might be an All-Star and the Suns passed on him
- Suns beat Kings, snap 6-game skid as Kokoskov pushes right buttons
- Suns’ Kokoskov all-in on Ayton; Booker’s injury ‘nothing major’
- Booker-less Suns taken to pick-and-roll school in loss to Hornets
- Brandon Randolph, Chase Jeter lead Arizona to OT win over Utah