Five-star forward Taeshon Cherry announces commitment to ASU
Arizona State Sun Devils head coach Bobby Hurley received some good news Tuesday night.
Five-star forward Taeshon Cherry announced his commitment to Arizona State. He originally committed to USC over the summer but decommitted in late December.
Cherry visited the campus a week prior to his announcement, attending home games against Oregon and Oregon State.
He joins a strong 2018 class for Hurley, with top-100 four-star shooting guard Luguentz Dort and four-star shooting guard Elias Valtonen also committed.
They also received a commitment from 2019 four-star guard Jaelen House last month, son of ASU great Eddie House.
Cherry, Dort and Valtonen will have work to do early. The Sun Devils will lose senior guards Tra Holder, Shannon Evans II and Kodi Justice to graduation next season.
With that said, there are reinforcements ready outside of the commits. Mickey Mitchell will be a junior, Remy Martin, Romello White and Kimani Lawrence will enter their sophomore years and transfers Zylan Cheatham (San Diego State) and guard Rob Edwards (Cleveland State) will contribute as well.
- ASU’s Wilkins, Aiyuk connect for touchdown to take first quarter lead
- Sun Devils travel to San Diego with hopes of keeping undefeated record
- Arizona State will debut road white uniforms at San Diego State
- Arizona State’s Manny Wilkins outlasted his in-house doubters
- ASU football vs. Washington will air on ESPN, time set