D-backs go camo in honor of Memorial Day weekend
For Memorial Day weekend, the Arizona Diamondbacks are adding some green to their threads.
Honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, the D-backs — and the rest of MLB — will don camouflage over the holiday weekend.
Memorial Day hats have a camouflage base with olive accents. The jerseys feature an olive block A logo and numbering, plus a five-star patch on the sleeve, representing the United States’ five military branches.
In addition to the on-field gear, MLB will donate all of the royalties from the Memorial Day weekend uniforms to the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors and the Folds of Honor Foundation, charities that support children and families grieving the loss of a military loved one. The organizations will receive a minimum $500,000 collective donation.
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: A combined no-no and a torrid Socrates Brito
- From the D-backs’ POV: How the ninth inning unraveled in loss to Mets
- D-backs waste another solid start from Buchholz, split series with Mets
- Diamondbacks trade Sedona Red for blue in honor of Father’s Day
- Patrick Corbin hit hard for second straight start, D-backs fall to Mets