Jake Lamb was very hyped watching his brother’s team advance to CWS
Have you ever been so hyped or excited that your vocal chords don’t work for a couple of seconds?
That was Arizona Diamondbacks third baseman Jake Lamb on Sunday night.
Lamb was watching his little brother Dylan’s Washington Huskies play for a right to go to the College World Series. Lamb’s ties go even beyond that, as he played for the Huskies and grew up in Seattle.
In a wild win-or-go-home game, the Huskies were down 5-4 in the bottom of the 10th inning but staged a two-run rally to win in a walk-off.
Kaiser Weiss’ sacrifice fly gave Washington a 6-5 win and their first-ever trip to Omaha and the College World Series.
Lamb is so excited that he is jumping up and down without saying anything, but then he lets it all out (Warning: Explicit language).
Lamb abruptly loses his mind for about 20 seconds, screaming like an absolute madman before going into a state of disbelief.
Dylan, a freshman relief pitcher, posed with his teammates after the win.
We assume Lamb had used up all his words and energy already, as his next Instagram post didn’t have a caption.
- Sports Illustrated: Ketel Marte’s great month of June at the plate
- He’s back: Shelby Miller will make season debut for D-backs on Monday
- D-backs option Matt Koch to Triple-A, call up Jake Barrett
- Sawdaye: D-backs doing ‘due diligence on everybody’ before trade deadline
- Diamondbacks fall to Angels, split two-game series in Anaheim