Kevin Love pays tribute to Channing Frye with throwback Arizona jersey
It’s been quite an NBA career for former Arizona Wildcats star Channing Frye.
On Sunday, Kevin Love showed his appreciation for his Cleveland Cavaliers teammate by donning a throwback jersey of Frye’s from Arizona upon entering the game against the San Antonio Spurs.
— Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs) April 7, 2019
The gesture was a nice touch for Frye, who is retiring after this season following a 14-year NBA career.
Sunday’s game was the final home game for Frye and he started the game in favor of Love, a UCLA product.
Frye starred at Arizona from 2001-05 before being selected as the No. 8 overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft.
- Former Kentucky guard Jemarl Baker Jr. announces commitment to UA
- Channing Frye riffs on Suns, his career and the federal hoops scandal
- Former UA, Suns star Frye may have thrown the worst first pitch ever
- Jay Bilas: Backing Arizona basketball based on ‘no proof’ a shallow argument
- Arizona’s Sean Miller remains in spotlight during federal trial