The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released linebacker Zack Wagenmann. In a corresponding move, the team has signed safety Anthony Walters.
An undrafted rookie free agent linebacker out of Montana, Wagenmann was sidelined for much of the offseason with a broken foot. Unfortunately, he re-injured it in training camp. The team was intrigued by his potential, however, after he tallied 37.5 sacks and 201 tackles in four collegiate seasons.
Walters is re-joining the Cardinals after spending the 2014 offseason and training camp with the team before being released on Aug. 30. He went on to sign with the Chicago Bears, appearing in four games.
Originally a rookie free agent out of Delaware in 2011, Walters has appeared in 37 games, tallying 21 special teams tackles, seven tackles on defense, one forced fumble and two tackles for loss.
- Loss to Lions keeps Cardinals in competition to earn top NFL Draft pick
- Lions adapt to injury, game-plan hurdles in win over Cardinals
- Record-setting Larry Fitzgerald praises young WRs in loss to Lions
- The Arizona Cardinals aren’t just bad, they’re also unwatchable
- Cardinals follow win in Green Bay with ‘surprising’ flop vs. Lions