The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released linebacker Zack Wagenmann. In a corresponding move, the team has signed safety Anthony Walters.
An undrafted rookie free agent linebacker out of Montana, Wagenmann was sidelined for much of the offseason with a broken foot. Unfortunately, he re-injured it in training camp. The team was intrigued by his potential, however, after he tallied 37.5 sacks and 201 tackles in four collegiate seasons.
Walters is re-joining the Cardinals after spending the 2014 offseason and training camp with the team before being released on Aug. 30. He went on to sign with the Chicago Bears, appearing in four games.
Originally a rookie free agent out of Delaware in 2011, Walters has appeared in 37 games, tallying 21 special teams tackles, seven tackles on defense, one forced fumble and two tackles for loss.
- The 5: Father-son sports duos and their ties to Arizona
- Cardinals’ Chase Edmonds plans to pay off sister’s student loans
- Cardinals sign WR Greg Little, release Cobi Hamilton
- Rosenthal’s NFL division power rankings: NFC West third-best
- Arizona Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks: We got better this offseason