The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released linebacker Zack Wagenmann. In a corresponding move, the team has signed safety Anthony Walters.
An undrafted rookie free agent linebacker out of Montana, Wagenmann was sidelined for much of the offseason with a broken foot. Unfortunately, he re-injured it in training camp. The team was intrigued by his potential, however, after he tallied 37.5 sacks and 201 tackles in four collegiate seasons.
Walters is re-joining the Cardinals after spending the 2014 offseason and training camp with the team before being released on Aug. 30. He went on to sign with the Chicago Bears, appearing in four games.
Originally a rookie free agent out of Delaware in 2011, Walters has appeared in 37 games, tallying 21 special teams tackles, seven tackles on defense, one forced fumble and two tackles for loss.
- Report: New York Giants sign Elijhaa Penny off Cardinals’ practice squad
- Cardinals expected to fill open roster spot with former Eagle Joe Walker
- Cardinals release DT Garrison Smith, make practice squad moves
- Cardinals dead last in several statistical categories: By the numbers
- Cardinals to bring in WR Kendall Wright for workout