It started with a simple tweet on Saturday from a confident quarterback, whose team has gone to two straight Super Bowls and is opening up against a St. Louis Rams team that has gone a combined 13-19 to finish dead last in the NFC West the past two seasons.
But as Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson learned Sunday, this is a new year.
Almost immediately after the Rams pulled off a 34-31 win over the defending NFC champions, the team took to Twitter to make sure Wilson’s postgame meal included a little crow.
Wilson ended the day completing 23-of-41 pass attempts for 251 yards with one touchdown and one interception, not a bad day for the quarterback. But perhaps next week he might think twice about tweeting out the outcome of next week’s game against the Green Bay Packers.
- Cardinals free agent Jaron Brown agrees to one-year deal with Seattle
- Seattle Seahawks to release cornerback Richard Sherman
- Eagles’ Jason Kelce steals the show with victory rant at Super Bowl parade
- Could Nick Foles be a QB option for the Cardinals?
- Larry Fitzgerald Sr. accepts Lifetime of Inspiration Award for his son