It started with a simple tweet on Saturday from a confident quarterback, whose team has gone to two straight Super Bowls and is opening up against a St. Louis Rams team that has gone a combined 13-19 to finish dead last in the NFC West the past two seasons.
But as Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson learned Sunday, this is a new year.
Almost immediately after the Rams pulled off a 34-31 win over the defending NFC champions, the team took to Twitter to make sure Wilson’s postgame meal included a little crow.
Wilson ended the day completing 23-of-41 pass attempts for 251 yards with one touchdown and one interception, not a bad day for the quarterback. But perhaps next week he might think twice about tweeting out the outcome of next week’s game against the Green Bay Packers.
- Arizona Sports’ NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Third new team claims No. 1 spot
- How the NFC West Was Won — Week 2: Three-way tie at the top
- Doug and Wolf’s 2017 NFL Power Poll rankings – Week 2
- Arizona Sports’ NFL Power Rankings Week 2: Packers rise, Cardinals plummet
- How the NFC West Was Won – Week 1: Rams alone in first place