It started with a simple tweet on Saturday from a confident quarterback, whose team has gone to two straight Super Bowls and is opening up against a St. Louis Rams team that has gone a combined 13-19 to finish dead last in the NFC West the past two seasons.
But as Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson learned Sunday, this is a new year.
Almost immediately after the Rams pulled off a 34-31 win over the defending NFC champions, the team took to Twitter to make sure Wilson’s postgame meal included a little crow.
Wilson ended the day completing 23-of-41 pass attempts for 251 yards with one touchdown and one interception, not a bad day for the quarterback. But perhaps next week he might think twice about tweeting out the outcome of next week’s game against the Green Bay Packers.
- Carson who? UA product Nick Foles leads Eagles to Super Bowl
- Tom Brady leads Pats back to Super Bowl with win over Jags
- Cardinals’ Drew Stanton refutes claim that he played through torn ACL
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals beat Seahawks in 2017 finale
- After Cardinals win, Bruce Arians says he’ll decide on future in next 48 hours