Ah, the life a newly crowned champion. Champagne, parades, a table at any restaurant and, apparently, you get to serve a tennis ball at late night talk show hosts.
Monday night on the “Late Show with Stephen Colbert”, US Open champ Novak Djokovic joined Colbert toward the end of his monologue and the host gave Djokovic the opportunity to pelt him with a serve. Colbert wasn’t about to go into this stunt unprotected though — he was armed with the Captain America shield because obviously.
Djokovic definitely took it easy on David Letterman’s successor, though he still managed to get an, albeit fake, reaction out of Colbert.
- Williams argues with chair umpire; Osaka wins US Open final
- Novak Djokovic wins 4th Wimbledon by beating Kevin Anderson in 3 sets
- Tough course or easy, Brooks Koepka repeats as US Open champ
- Stunner! Djokovic’s 30-match Slam streak ends at Wimbledon
- Pennetta wins US Open for 1st Slam title, says she’ll retire