It’s a cornerstone of being a rookie in any league, at any level: You’re going to have to do something embarrassing.
The Arizona Diamondbacks handled that one the last stretch of the season, as they dressed up their rookies in various costumes for the team’s flight to the Bay Area for a series with the San Francisco Giants.
The event was thoroughly documented on social media, so here’s a look at “Rookie Dress-up Day” as told by Twitter:
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors
- D-backs’ Greinke finishes fourth in NL Cy Young voting, Ray seventh
- NL MVP: How D-backs’ Goldschmidt stacks up against other two finalists