The Arizona State Sun Devils will go into the 2016-17 season without their leading rebounder.
Goodman played two seasons in Tempe. In 2014-15, he averaged 11.2 points and 7.6 rebounds in 26.2 minutes per game.
The 6-foot-6 forward missed four games this season due to what was described as personal reasons, and the time away from the team cost him his spot in the starting lineup. Goodman started just six games this past season after starting 21 the prior campaign.
Goodman is the second player to leave the program in the last month, as guard Andre Spight left the team in late February.
Quote from ASU HC Bobby Hurley on Savon Goodman’s departure: pic.twitter.com/RPbefYjOsv
— Fabian Ardaya (@fardaya15) March 23, 2016
As a graduate transfer, Goodman will be eligible to play next season for whatever school he ends up with.
- Sun Devil Source Report Podcast: ASU struggles against the run at SDSU
- Win or lose, ASU coach Herm Edwards doesn’t find sleep easy to come by
- ASU’s Wilkins, Aiyuk connect for touchdown to take first quarter lead
- Sun Devils travel to San Diego with hopes of keeping undefeated record
- Return to SDSU bittersweet for ASU defensive coordinator Gonzales