Arizona State quarterback Manny Wilkins’ leap over an NAU defensive back looked cool to us.
To an Olympic hurdler, not so much.
Lolo Jones appeared in the 2012 London Olympics and finished fourth in the 100-meter hurdles. She won golds in the 60-meter hurdles at the 2008 and 2010 indoor championships, then won the 2015 NACAC 100-meter title. Safe to say, the 34-year-old track and field star knows her stuff.
Asked via Twitter on Monday to rate Wilkins’ leap in the Sun Devils’ victory this weekend, Jones gave a brutally honest assessment.
If using your hands is wrong, we don’t want to be right. Jones is giving Wilkins grief for basically doing a mini-version of what Vince Carter did to dunk over Frederic Weis back in the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
Here’s a better angle to see how exactly Wilkins jumped over the NAU defender.
— Jake García (@Jake_M_Garcia) September 4, 2016
- Hardly anyone is picking ASU over Fresno State in the Las Vegas Bowl
- Underdog ASU faces balanced Fresno State in the Las Vegas Bowl
- Four-star quarterback Jayden Daniels commits to Arizona State
- ASU’s Merlin Robertson named to USA Today Freshman All-America team
- N’Keal Harry’s bowl decision is a cue college football should take from