The holiday set aside for showing extra appreciation to all of the hard-working moms out there started a day early at Chase Field.
The Arizona Diamondbacks were among the teams league wide to don special Mother’s Day gear when they took on the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday.
The designs on all of the D-backs uniforms had pink tinge to it, including the large lettering.
Arm sleeves, undershirts and even high-top socks were all pink, and each players’ cleats had a special design.
Per usual, the D-backs hats had a pink bill, and what has been an ongoing tradition since 2006, players got to swing away with pink bats.
- Sedona Red Recap: D-backs come up short in Banda’s debut
- Cardinals Mike Iupati hired chef, reports to camp in improved shape
- Sixth inning only time D-backs’ Banda uncomfortable in debut
- Sedona Red Recap: Drury’s walk-off gives D-backs dramatic home win
- D-backs start game with back-to-back-to-back home runs