The holiday set aside for showing extra appreciation to all of the hard-working moms out there started a day early at Chase Field.
The Arizona Diamondbacks were among the teams league wide to don special Mother’s Day gear when they took on the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday.
The designs on all of the D-backs uniforms had pink tinge to it, including the large lettering.
Arm sleeves, undershirts and even high-top socks were all pink, and each players’ cleats had a special design.
Per usual, the D-backs hats had a pink bill, and what has been an ongoing tradition since 2006, players got to swing away with pink bats.
- D-backs lose as Pirates’ walk-off follows Chris Iannetta’s clutch home run
- D-backs starter Taijuan Walker progressing, will throw simulation game Tuesday
- After role at Arizona vanished, Kobi Simmons ready to build NBA Draft stock
- ESPN: D-backs’ aggressive baserunning could propel Goldschmidt to the 30-30 club
- Diamondbacks near the top of ESPN’s latest power rankings