All-Access with Cole Toner — July 27: A much-needed day off
During training camp, Arizona Cardinals offensive lineman Cole Toner will join Doug and Wolf every morning on 98.7 FM, Arizona’s Sports Station, to give an inside look at the daily grind of camp and a personal view of how his 2017 preparation is coming along.
After five days of training camp, the Cardinals got a day off Wednesday.
No practice. No meetings. Just a chance for players to get away from football to mentally and physically recharge early in camp.
Cole Toner believes the mini-break came at a good time, even though he feels good about his and his linemates’ early performance.
“I think I did well,” Toner said Thursday. “There’s always some good and some bad, especially in the first few days, but I think I played pretty well. I tried to be physical and didn’t get beat too often, so that was a good start for me.
“Actually it was a good start for the O-line in general. Guys are playing hard and for the most part, getting our assignments done right and I think we’ll look forward to continuing that. But it was a much-needed off day, so it was a good day.”
Toner spent time with family on the off day. He and the rest of the Cardinals will be back on the field for a morning walk-through and a full practice in the afternoon at University of Phoenix Stadium Thursday.
- Dealing Cards: Fitzgerald retirement talk put on hold, ‘where’s Clowney?’
- Week 11 injury report: Arizona Cardinals at Houston Texans
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Gabbert seen as ‘starter-in-waiting’
- Blaine Gabbert officially named starter for Arizona Cardinals on Sunday
- Behind Enemy Lines: Texans host Cardinals in midst of three-game skid