Arizona Cardinals release quarterback Charles Kanoff
The Arizona Cardinals released quarterback Charles Kanoff, the team announced Thursday.
Kanoff had spent the entire season on the practice squad before being elevated to the active roster prior to the game against the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday. He was inactive during the game.
An undrafted free agent, Kanoff appeared in all four preseason games, passing for 178 yards, one touchdown and no interceptions on a team-high 36 pass attempts.
At Princeton, he threw for 7,510 yards and 43 touchdowns. Kanoff was named the Ivy League Offensive Player of the Year in 2017.
The Cardinals are now down to two quarterbacks on their depth chart: Josh Rosen and Mike Glennon.
- Who’s got next? After Mahomes, some look to Cardinals QB Murray
- NFL.com’s Schein: Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson under pressure in 2020
- Then and now: Cardinals can hope OLB is more than the Chandler Jones show
- Reports: NFL to cut 2020 preseason schedule to 2 games
- Then and now: Kenyan Drake replaces David Johnson as top Cardinals RB