Arizona represented in PFF’s All-True Freshman Team for 2022
Though the Arizona Wildcats’ 5-7 record wasn’t good enough to garner participation in a bowl game, there was a lot to be optimistic about in Tucson.
They had a top-50 scoring offense in FBS at 30.8 points per game, beat No. 9 UCLA in Pasadena and won the Territorial Cup against Arizona State for the first time since 2016.
As a result, the Wildcats are well-represented in Pro Football Focus’ All-True Freshman Team.
One of the recognized freshmen was wide receiver Tetairoa McMillan. The 6-foot-5 receiver caught 39 passes for 702 yards.
His eight touchdown catches ranked first among FBS freshmen and tied for 29th among 1,001 receivers with at least one touchdown catch this season.
He also won Pac-12 Freshman of the Week for his five-catch, 90-yard performance with a touchdown against Colorado in Week 5.
Fellow offensive player and right guard Jonah Savaiinaea also made the All-True Freshman team.
He had the second-highest blocking efficiency among offensive linemen (98.4).
The Wildcats also are well-represented on each of PFF’s All-Pac-12 teams.
- WR Jacob Cowing – 85 receptions for 1,034 yards and seven touchdowns.
- LT Jordan Morgan – 82.0 pass-blocking grade and 78.0 run-blocking grade.
- S Jaxen Turner – 79 tackles, 2.0 tackles for loss, one sack and two interceptions.
- WR Dorian Singer – 66 receptions for 1,105 yards and six touchdowns.
Arizona State Sun Devils
The Sun Devils finished the season 3-9 and had no true freshmen recognized by PFF. However, there were more ASU players represented on the All-Pac-12 teams than Arizona.
- DL Nesta Jade Silvera – 56 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks.
- RB Xazavian Valladay – 1,481 yards from scrimmage, 5.9 yards per touch and 18 total touchdowns.
- TE Jalin Conyers – 38 receptions for 422 yards and five touchdowns.
- WR Elijhah Badger – 70 receptions for 866 yards and seven touchdowns.
- S Khoury Bethley – 90 tackles, 3.0 tackles for loss, 1.0 sack.
- P Eddie Czaplicki – 49 punts for 2,257 punt yards, 46.1 yards per punt.