Tough opponents and close games are two things Bobby Hurley said he wanted for his inaugural Arizona State team — and he got both of those things Wednesday night.
“To win anything meaningful against really good teams, you’re going to be in close games so you have to know how to win in those situations,” Hurley said earlier in the day on the Doug and Wolf show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. I think it’s been helpful that we have been in that spot here early in the year and hopefully we continue to get better.”
In ASU’s eight games so far this year, six have been decided by nine points or less — five of those by five points points or less.
The Sun Devils beat the previously 5-1 Creighton Bluejays 79-77 on the road to start off a tough stretch Hurley and Sun Devils fans surely had circled.
ASU vs Texas A&M | Saturday, Dec. 5 | 8:30 p.m.
The Aggies are 7-1 with wins over Gonzaga and Texas.
ASU at Kentucky | Saturday, Dec. 12 | 1:15 p.m.
The No. 1 ranked Kentucky Wildcats are undefeated with a huge statement win at Duke under their belts.
ASU at UNLV | Wednesday, Dec. 16 | 8 p.m.
The rebels are 6-1 and averaging 84 points per game.
- Arizona State basketball slips to No. 21 in AP Poll; UA jumps to 11th
- No. 16 Arizona State pulls away late, defeats struggling Cal
- Northern Arizona comes up short as Idaho hangs on to win
- Arizona State continues to spiral, projected as a No. 7 seed
- No. 16 Arizona State drops to 2-4 in Pac-12 play after loss to Stanford