Arizona Cardinals' Floyd: Must have confidence vs. Seattle
A rookie, Floyd caught two passes for 30 yards that day, as he quickly learned something many others already knew: CenturyLink Field in Seattle is a really tough place to play football.
"We just have to stick together," Floyd told Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "And I think, for the most part, Seattle intimidates a lot of teams and guys going out there, they feel that they can't win."
The last visiting team to leave Seattle with a win was the San Francisco 49ers, who did so in Week 16 of the 2011 season. Since then, the Seahawks are a perfect 14-0 at home, including a couple of wins over the Cardinals.
"I think we, as an offense, have to go out there with confidence knowing that we can win, that we can beat this team," Floyd said.
And, he added, what happened last year has nothing to do with what the team can -- or expects to -- do this time around.
"That's last year; we're a whole different team this year, whole different offense," he said. "We're going to go up there with confidence and believing that we're going to win."
Floyd said the Cardinals and Seahawks are both different teams than they were then, which is true. However, the Seahawks happen to be the only team to beat the Cardinals in Arizona this season, which they did by a score of 34-22 on Oct. 17.
The Cardinals are 6-1 since that loss, though, and appear to be a better team than they were back then -- and last season, too.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.