Arizona Cardinals' Floyd: Must have confidence vs. Seattle
A rookie, Floyd caught two passes for 30 yards that day, as he quickly learned something many others already knew: CenturyLink Field in Seattle is a really tough place to play football.
"We just have to stick together," Floyd told Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "And I think, for the most part, Seattle intimidates a lot of teams and guys going out there, they feel that they can't win."
The last visiting team to leave Seattle with a win was the San Francisco 49ers, who did so in Week 16 of the 2011 season. Since then, the Seahawks are a perfect 14-0 at home, including a couple of wins over the Cardinals.
"I think we, as an offense, have to go out there with confidence knowing that we can win, that we can beat this team," Floyd said.
And, he added, what happened last year has nothing to do with what the team can -- or expects to -- do this time around.
"That's last year; we're a whole different team this year, whole different offense," he said. "We're going to go up there with confidence and believing that we're going to win."
Floyd said the Cardinals and Seahawks are both different teams than they were then, which is true. However, the Seahawks happen to be the only team to beat the Cardinals in Arizona this season, which they did by a score of 34-22 on Oct. 17.
The Cardinals are 6-1 since that loss, though, and appear to be a better team than they were back then -- and last season, too.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.