Arizona Cardinals' Floyd: Must have confidence vs. Seattle
A rookie, Floyd caught two passes for 30 yards that day, as he quickly learned something many others already knew: CenturyLink Field in Seattle is a really tough place to play football.
"We just have to stick together," Floyd told Burns and Gambo Tuesday. "And I think, for the most part, Seattle intimidates a lot of teams and guys going out there, they feel that they can't win."
The last visiting team to leave Seattle with a win was the San Francisco 49ers, who did so in Week 16 of the 2011 season. Since then, the Seahawks are a perfect 14-0 at home, including a couple of wins over the Cardinals.
"I think we, as an offense, have to go out there with confidence knowing that we can win, that we can beat this team," Floyd said.
And, he added, what happened last year has nothing to do with what the team can -- or expects to -- do this time around.
"That's last year; we're a whole different team this year, whole different offense," he said. "We're going to go up there with confidence and believing that we're going to win."
Floyd said the Cardinals and Seahawks are both different teams than they were then, which is true. However, the Seahawks happen to be the only team to beat the Cardinals in Arizona this season, which they did by a score of 34-22 on Oct. 17.
The Cardinals are 6-1 since that loss, though, and appear to be a better team than they were back then -- and last season, too.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?