Updated Feb 1, 2013 - 4:08 pm
Jahii Carson's play continues to be recognized
After being selected to the Freshman Player of the Year Watch List Thursday, the point guard's outstanding play for the Sun Devils (17-4) continued to earn him national recognition, this time by ESPN.com writer Jeremy Lundblad.
In his NCAA men's basketball January recap, Lundblad chose Carson as "Freshman of the Month," crediting the point guard's ability to shoot and dish the ball as the main reason for keeping ASU's post-season tournament hopes alive.
He averaged 17.5 PPG (third among D-I freshmen) and 4.6 APG (tied for ninth among freshmen) during the month. On the season, he's on pace to be the first major conference freshman since Shaheen Halloway in 1996-97 to average 17 PPG and 5 APG.
Carson ended the month on a high note Thursday by dropping 25 points at Washington State, with 21 of them coming in the second half, leading ASU to a 63-59 victory in Pullman.
In 21 games through the season, the frosh point guard is averaging 17.6 points and 5.3 assists per game while shooting 45 percent from the field.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.