Updated Feb 1, 2013 - 4:08 pm
Jahii Carson's play continues to be recognized
After being selected to the Freshman Player of the Year Watch List Thursday, the point guard's outstanding play for the Sun Devils (17-4) continued to earn him national recognition, this time by ESPN.com writer Jeremy Lundblad.
In his NCAA men's basketball January recap, Lundblad chose Carson as "Freshman of the Month," crediting the point guard's ability to shoot and dish the ball as the main reason for keeping ASU's post-season tournament hopes alive.
He averaged 17.5 PPG (third among D-I freshmen) and 4.6 APG (tied for ninth among freshmen) during the month. On the season, he's on pace to be the first major conference freshman since Shaheen Halloway in 1996-97 to average 17 PPG and 5 APG.
Carson ended the month on a high note Thursday by dropping 25 points at Washington State, with 21 of them coming in the second half, leading ASU to a 63-59 victory in Pullman.
In 21 games through the season, the frosh point guard is averaging 17.6 points and 5.3 assists per game while shooting 45 percent from the field.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.