Could ASU's Jahii Carson return for another season?
Prior to the Sun Devils' game against Cal, seniors Jordan Bachynski, Richie Edwards, Jermaine Marshall, Shaquielle McKissic, Jarrett Upchurch and Dave Whitmore will be honored.
But could Saturday also mark the final home game in the ASU career of guard Jahii Carson? The sophomore tweeted before the season that this would be his final year in Tempe and he'd be headed to the NBA Draft.
This year at ASU I'm participating I'm every school event. This my last go round time to have fun— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
Most projections have Carson as a second-round pick due to inconsistent play and a perceived lack of improvement in key areas of his game.
Carson scored 26 points Wednesday night in ASU's 76-64 win over Stanford -- his home career-high -- but didn't sound too sure afterward that he only had one more game left at Wells Fargo Arena.
"(Jordan Bachynski) and all the seniors that have been here and who have been a big brother to me, that's just the saddest part for me, them having their last game here at Arizona State," Carson said. "I have many more opportunities if I decide to."
This is the first time the 2013 Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year has left the door open for a return to campus for another season.
"I'm just saying if there was a time that I would say 'I want to come back,' I have two more years of eligibility," he said. "(Senior Day) is for those guys who have been here for four years and have sacrificed and put everything on the line for four years -- that's their night. That's not really mine."
Carson is averaging 18.7 points and 4.6 assists per game for the Sun Devils, who notched their 20th win of the season with their triumph over Stanford.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.