Updated Mar 5, 2014 - 1:36 am
Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
ASU didn't score until the 14:44 mark of the first half, and by the time Jermaine Marshall's jumper fell through the net, the Sun Devils were staring up at a 15-2 deficit.
Although they cut Oregon's advantage to just three in the second half, the Sun Devils never led, falling on the road by a final of 85-78.
Here's a look back at the seven-point loss by the numbers:
Matthew Knight Arena has not been kind to Herb Sendek and Co. Since its opening in 2012, the Sun Devils are 0-2 in games played in Eugene.
Reigning Pac-12 Player of the Week Mike Moser recorded a season-high third consecutive double-double. The senior forward finished with 22 points and 17 rebounds.
With Tuesday's loss, Arizona State has dropped four in a row away from Tempe dating back to Feb. 1. In those four defeats, the Sun Devils have lost by an average margin of 11.25 points.
After enduring a woeful slump -- losing eight out of 10 -- Oregon has now reeled off a six-game win streak. With Tuesday's eight-point triumph, the Ducks are still in contention to finish in the top 4 of the Pac-12 standings along with ASU, California, Colorado and Stanford.
Jordan Bachynski recorded his 12th double-double of the season after failing to do so in each of the previous six games. The ASU senior center had 13 points and 11 rebounds to go along with five blocks.
Jahii Carson showed off from long range in Tuesday's loss. The sophomore guard had a team-high 28 points on 4-of-5 from three-point range. The performance marked the first time in 2013-14 he had hit more than three shots from downtown in a single game.
In its last two road deficits, Arizona State has been outscored by Oregon and Utah by a combined margin of 29-6 in the first five minutes. In that 10-minute span, the Sun Devils have made just three baskets.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!