Updated Mar 5, 2014 - 1:36 am
Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
ASU didn't score until the 14:44 mark of the first half, and by the time Jermaine Marshall's jumper fell through the net, the Sun Devils were staring up at a 15-2 deficit.
Although they cut Oregon's advantage to just three in the second half, the Sun Devils never led, falling on the road by a final of 85-78.
Here's a look back at the seven-point loss by the numbers:
Matthew Knight Arena has not been kind to Herb Sendek and Co. Since its opening in 2012, the Sun Devils are 0-2 in games played in Eugene.
Reigning Pac-12 Player of the Week Mike Moser recorded a season-high third consecutive double-double. The senior forward finished with 22 points and 17 rebounds.
With Tuesday's loss, Arizona State has dropped four in a row away from Tempe dating back to Feb. 1. In those four defeats, the Sun Devils have lost by an average margin of 11.25 points.
After enduring a woeful slump -- losing eight out of 10 -- Oregon has now reeled off a six-game win streak. With Tuesday's eight-point triumph, the Ducks are still in contention to finish in the top 4 of the Pac-12 standings along with ASU, California, Colorado and Stanford.
Jordan Bachynski recorded his 12th double-double of the season after failing to do so in each of the previous six games. The ASU senior center had 13 points and 11 rebounds to go along with five blocks.
Jahii Carson showed off from long range in Tuesday's loss. The sophomore guard had a team-high 28 points on 4-of-5 from three-point range. The performance marked the first time in 2013-14 he had hit more than three shots from downtown in a single game.
In its last two road deficits, Arizona State has been outscored by Oregon and Utah by a combined margin of 29-6 in the first five minutes. In that 10-minute span, the Sun Devils have made just three baskets.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.