Report: ASU basketball schedules home-and-home with San Francisco
Arizona State and San Francisco will begin a home-and-home series this coming season with the Sun Devils hosting a Dec. 2 nonconference game at Wells Fargo Arena, FanRag Sports’ Jon Rothstein reports.
Bobby Hurley’s team will travel to play in the Bay Area for the 2018-19 season.
San Francisco finished the 2016-17 season with a 20-13 record and a 10-8 mark in the West Coast Conference. Aside from leading scorer and senior Ronnie Boyce leaving school, the Dons have nine combined freshmen and sophomores who appeared in at least 32 games a year ago and averaged double-digit minutes.
ASU is coming off a 15-18 season.
The Sun Devils will be replacing leading scorer Torian Graham and leading rebounder Obinna Oleka from a squad that went 7-11 in Pac-12 play in 2016-17.
Arizona State last played San Francisco on Nov. 20, 2009, when Rihards Kuksiks led the team with 27 points and eight assists in a 104-65 win.
- Phil Mickelson freestyles hole 13 of US Open Championship
- Chun An Yu qualifies for U.S. Open, joining other ASU golf greats
- Arizona talent ‘bursts back on the scene’ with strong MLB draft
- ASU, Arizona, GCU and high schools represent state in 2018 MLB Draft
- ASU softball shut out by Oklahoma, eliminated from WCWS