Arizona Wildcats hockey to play three games in Gilbert
The Arizona Wildcats are coming to Gilbert.
The University of Arizona’s hockey team — a club team part of the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) — will play three games this month at AZ ICE Arena in Gilbert, Ariz. They will be the home team for the following games:
Thursday, Oct. 12 at 7 p.m. — Arizona vs. Missouri State
Friday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m. — Arizona vs. Arkansas
Saturday, Oct. 14 at 1:15 p.m. — Arizona vs. Arkansas
“We hope University of Arizona alumni and fans in the wider Phoenix area will take this opportunity to see Wildcat hockey,” head coach Chad Berman said in a statement from the team. “We want to continue to develop the Arizona Wildcat college hockey name throughout the state of Arizona, and we look to stage more ‘home’ games in future seasons outside of Tucson.”
The Wildcats play in the Western Collegiate Hockey League (WCHL) under the ACHA, the same league the Sun Devils played in before moving up to NCAA play (though ASU still has an ACHA team). Arizona went 9-10-1 in 2016-17, finishing sixth in the WCHL.
Missouri State and Arkansas also play in the WCHL.
The Wildcats’ season is underway and, as of Friday, Arizona is 3-0 and ranked No. 16 in the ACHA poll.
To get tickets, the team said fans should check back for updates at arizonawildcathockey.org.
- Running back Peterson makes instant impact with Cardinals
- Arizona’s Khalil Tate has another big night in win over UCLA
- Attention remains on Arizona basketball as investigation continues
- Goofy, grounded, ‘Game of Thrones’ fan: Pinnacle’s Rattler more than standout QB
- Coyotes lose to Vegas in home opener, hope for different result in rematch