Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker sneaks up on fans in Snapchat prank
Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker is the latest pro athlete to join a video series to prank unsuspecting fans in humorous ways.
As part of DraftKings’ “Trick Play” series, four fans were chosen to partake in what they thought was a contest to meet Devin Booker. Three of the fans claimed Booker as their favorite NBA player. The other said he was a “close second” behind Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook.
Fans were told by producers to send a video to Booker on Snapchat, with which he would be picking a winner in “a couple weeks.”
While Booker watched backstage, the fans sent a variety of videos. One explained why he was an inspiration, others took a more humorous approach, asking if his wrist hurt after his 70-point game last season and even pleading for the star to join the Knicks.
Of course, Booker replies, surprising the fans who then want to send a reply of their own. As they are filming, Booker appears behind them, making for funny reactions from the unsuspecting fans.
Beyond the prank, Booker appreciated the kind words from his fans and “getting the chance to actually meet them.”
“I feel closer to my fans,” he said. “It was an unbelievable experience. It means a lot to me.”
- Deandre Ayton wants to ‘start a winning legacy’ with Suns
- Suns select Arizona’s Deandre Ayton with first overall pick in NBA Draft
- Devin Booker and Karl-Anthony Towns, the NBA’s next frenemies
- Devin Booker, KAT take on Lopez twins on Jimmy Kimmel
- ESPN’s Marks would be stunned if Suns traded for Karl-Anthony Towns