Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker sneaks up on fans in Snapchat prank
Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker is the latest pro athlete to join a video series to prank unsuspecting fans in humorous ways.
As part of DraftKings’ “Trick Play” series, four fans were chosen to partake in what they thought was a contest to meet Devin Booker. Three of the fans claimed Booker as their favorite NBA player. The other said he was a “close second” behind Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook.
Fans were told by producers to send a video to Booker on Snapchat, with which he would be picking a winner in “a couple weeks.”
While Booker watched backstage, the fans sent a variety of videos. One explained why he was an inspiration, others took a more humorous approach, asking if his wrist hurt after his 70-point game last season and even pleading for the star to join the Knicks.
Of course, Booker replies, surprising the fans who then want to send a reply of their own. As they are filming, Booker appears behind them, making for funny reactions from the unsuspecting fans.
Beyond the prank, Booker appreciated the kind words from his fans and “getting the chance to actually meet them.”
“I feel closer to my fans,” he said. “It was an unbelievable experience. It means a lot to me.”
- Booker’s late heroics can’t bring Suns win in Bledsoe’s return to Phoenix
- Eric Bledsoe’s return to Phoenix among Wednesday’s NBA storylines
- Bucks’ Bledsoe returns to Phoenix, hasn’t ‘said one bad thing’ about Suns
- Suns’ improved ball movement leads to 32 assists, win over Bulls
- Suns Strokes: Suns give up 90 points in first half, fall to Rockets at home