Cardinals’ David Johnson runs drills with UFC champion Tyron Woodley
The Arizona Cardinals are looking for versatile athletes to fill out the roster.
Running back David Johnson is taking an unusual recruiting route, inviting UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley to the Cardinals’ training facility for a workout.
Donning a No. 1 jersey with the name “Chosen” on the back – Woodley’s UFC nickname is “The Chosen One” – T-Wood performed drills in a video tweeted out by the Cardinals on Thursday.
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) April 13, 2018
He worked on his footwork, ball security and catching skills.
Woodley even ran a sprint against Johnson.
The Cardinals’ running back tripped at the starting line, and Woodley took a large lead to begin the race. However, like The Freeze of the Atlanta Braves, Johnson quickly accelerated. Both laughed as he overtook Woodley.
“Props to my man David Johnson,” the UFC star said near the end of the video. “He got a fan in me.”
- Former Arizona Cardinals QB Mike Glennon signs with Oakland Raiders
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Pro Football Focus: Cardinals need to win the 2019 draft
- Chandler Jones visits local school as part of anti-bullying campaign
- Cardinals officially sign former Los Angeles Chargers DT Darius Philon