Cardinals’ David Johnson runs drills with UFC champion Tyron Woodley
The Arizona Cardinals are looking for versatile athletes to fill out the roster.
Running back David Johnson is taking an unusual recruiting route, inviting UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley to the Cardinals’ training facility for a workout.
Donning a No. 1 jersey with the name “Chosen” on the back – Woodley’s UFC nickname is “The Chosen One” – T-Wood performed drills in a video tweeted out by the Cardinals on Thursday.
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) April 13, 2018
He worked on his footwork, ball security and catching skills.
Woodley even ran a sprint against Johnson.
The Cardinals’ running back tripped at the starting line, and Woodley took a large lead to begin the race. However, like The Freeze of the Atlanta Braves, Johnson quickly accelerated. Both laughed as he overtook Woodley.
“Props to my man David Johnson,” the UFC star said near the end of the video. “He got a fan in me.”
- Behind Enemy Lines: Lions provide chance for Cardinals to win at home
- Week 14 injury report: Detroit Lions at Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals and Lions expected to play with open roof at State Farm Stadium
- Sorry, fantasy owners: Cardinals like David Johnson-Chase Edmonds duo
- Cardinals could start Joe Barksdale or Will Holden at RT vs. Lions