Visalia Rawhide celebrate agriculture with three days of alternate jerseys
The Visalia Rawhide are tapping into the city’s agricultural roots and celebrating the weekend with three days of alternate jerseys to do so.
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ Class A – Advanced affiliate will debut its Bounty of the County weekend on Friday night with a citrus celebration. As such, the jerseys feature a spread of sliced oranges.
A black-and-white cow face sits across the chest of the Saturday uniforms as the Rawhide salute the Tulare County Dairy. Naturally, the team will hold a pregame cow-milking contest.
And for Sunday, the weekend wraps with a grape gathering — green grapes adorn their third jersey of the weekend.
What’s the deal with the array of products in Visalia? The city sits in the agricultural-rich San Joaquin Valley in California, several hours away from San Francisco and a few hours north of Los Angeles.
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: A combined no-no and a torrid Socrates Brito
- From the D-backs’ POV: How the ninth inning unraveled in loss to Mets
- D-backs waste another solid start from Buchholz, split series with Mets
- Diamondbacks trade Sedona Red for blue in honor of Father’s Day
- Patrick Corbin hit hard for second straight start, D-backs fall to Mets