Another week, another uniform unveiling for the Arizona State Sun Devils.
Monday morning, the Sun Devils and their official apparel supplier, adidas, unveiled the “Be the Hammer” alternate football uniforms.
From the official ASU press release:
Inspired by the team’s tradition of using a sledge hammer emblazoned with the pitchfork to break a rock after big accomplishments (finishing training camp, wins, etc.), the ‘Be The Hammer’ alternate uniform is centered around a steel gray color scheme that represents the head of the team’s ceremonial hammer. The entire all-gray look is accentuated with polished copper detailing, which pays homage to the state’s nickname and recognition as the “Copper State.”
The Sun Devils will wear the new “Be the Hammer” helmet and pants along with their “Desert Ice” alternate jerseys Saturday when they visit the UCLA Bruins at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. They tweeted out a photo of the combination that can be seen below.
- ASU coach Herm Edwards believes his team is close to breaking out
- Report: USC could start third-string quarterback against ASU this week
- Familiar pattern pops up in ASU’s latest loss to Stanford
- Arizona State football don Maroon Monsoon uniforms Thursday
- Two Sun Devils included in finalists for Polynesian Football Hall of Fame