Rare is the time when Seattle sports fans will cheer for Larry Fitzgerald.
But it’s not impossible.
Seahawks star Richard Sherman, against whom Fitzgerald has had his share of battles, held his charity softball game Sunday at Safeco Field, the home of the Seattle Mariners.
Fitzgerald was a member of the Green Team, which was captained by Seahawks running back Thomas Rawls. And you know what? The nine-time Pro Bowler showed off his skills in another sport, jacking a two-run home run much to the delight of those in attendance.
Unfortunately for Fitz, his Green Team fell to the Blue Team by a score of 31-30 — though you can’t blame the receiver.
At any rate, it’s probably safe to say this will be the last time Seattle fans give Fitzgerald that kind of applause, and it will hopefully be the final instance of the long-time Cardinal wearing those…interesting colors.
- Is there anything left on the WR free agent market for the Cardinals?
- Full details of Arizona Cardinals quarterback Sam Bradford’s contract
- Sam Bradford: Cardinals’ roster was a motivator to come to Arizona
- Rapid Reaction: Cardinals to sign quarterback Sam Bradford
- Star Wars jerseys to be auctioned off for charity by Triple-A team