The Miami Heat’s NBA D-League affiliate’s upcoming jersey is, well… Corny.
The Sioux Falls Skyforce, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, will be wearing corn-like jerseys for a promotional game on March 18 against the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
The jerseys will be sold and proceeds will go to Feeding South Dakota, a hunger relief organization. According to South Dakota Corn, the state’s agriculture industry accounts for more than 30 percent of the state’s workforce.
The Skyforce have existed since 1989 and joined the D-League in 2006. They’ll be at the Prescott Valley Events Center on Sunday, March 12 to play the Northern Arizona Suns — affiliate of the Phoenix Suns.
- Suns coach Watson: Core is growing, but centerpiece is Devin Booker
- The new face of the Phoenix Suns? Devin Booker says, ‘I feel I’m built for it’
- Suns forward Jared Dudley is earning every penny of his $30 million deal
- Suns have options as NBA Draft approaches, is trading Eric Bledsoe one of them?
- Veteran guards Leandro Barbosa, Ronnie Price hope to be back with Phoenix Suns