The Miami Heat’s NBA D-League affiliate’s upcoming jersey is, well… Corny.
The Sioux Falls Skyforce, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, will be wearing corn-like jerseys for a promotional game on March 18 against the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
The jerseys will be sold and proceeds will go to Feeding South Dakota, a hunger relief organization. According to South Dakota Corn, the state’s agriculture industry accounts for more than 30 percent of the state’s workforce.
The Skyforce have existed since 1989 and joined the D-League in 2006. They’ll be at the Prescott Valley Events Center on Sunday, March 12 to play the Northern Arizona Suns — affiliate of the Phoenix Suns.
- Get it? During eclipse, other NBA teams block out the Suns
- ESPN says the Phoenix Suns will finish last in the Western Conference
- How realistic is NBA 2K18? Its trailer features a grumpy Marquese Chriss
- ESPN’s first 2018 NBA mock draft has the Suns taking Luka Doncic
- Marvin Bagley commits to Duke, could add to 2018 NBA Draft crop