Miami Heat D-League team to wear corn jerseys
The Miami Heat’s NBA D-League affiliate’s upcoming jersey is, well… Corny.
The Sioux Falls Skyforce, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, will be wearing corn-like jerseys for a promotional game on March 18 against the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
The jerseys will be sold and proceeds will go to Feeding South Dakota, a hunger relief organization. According to South Dakota Corn, the state’s agriculture industry accounts for more than 30 percent of the state’s workforce.
The Skyforce have existed since 1989 and joined the D-League in 2006. They’ll be at the Prescott Valley Events Center on Sunday, March 12 to play the Northern Arizona Suns — affiliate of the Phoenix Suns.
- Lonzo Ball, Lakers carve up Suns as defense again flops
- Suns Strokes: Suns come up short against Lakers in high-scoring thriller
- Suns’ Devin Booker takes rough fall against Lakers, stays in game
- Phoenix Suns’ Marquese Chriss adjusting to bench role
- Suns focus on defense after record blowout loss in season opener