Miami Heat D-League team to wear corn jerseys
The Miami Heat’s NBA D-League affiliate’s upcoming jersey is, well… Corny.
The Sioux Falls Skyforce, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, will be wearing corn-like jerseys for a promotional game on March 18 against the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
The jerseys will be sold and proceeds will go to Feeding South Dakota, a hunger relief organization. According to South Dakota Corn, the state’s agriculture industry accounts for more than 30 percent of the state’s workforce.
The Skyforce have existed since 1989 and joined the D-League in 2006. They’ll be at the Prescott Valley Events Center on Sunday, March 12 to play the Northern Arizona Suns — affiliate of the Phoenix Suns.
- A list of potential Suns head coaching candidates
- Gentry: Suns coaching candidate Igor Kokoskov would be ‘great choice’
- Report: Former Suns candidate Budenholzer to interview with Knicks
- Report: Hawks’ Budenholzer withdraws from Suns’ coaching search
- NY Times’ Stein: Hurdles remain if Suns want to hire Mike Budenholzer