The Miami Heat’s NBA D-League affiliate’s upcoming jersey is, well… Corny.
The Sioux Falls Skyforce, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, will be wearing corn-like jerseys for a promotional game on March 18 against the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
The jerseys will be sold and proceeds will go to Feeding South Dakota, a hunger relief organization. According to South Dakota Corn, the state’s agriculture industry accounts for more than 30 percent of the state’s workforce.
The Skyforce have existed since 1989 and joined the D-League in 2006. They’ll be at the Prescott Valley Events Center on Sunday, March 12 to play the Northern Arizona Suns — affiliate of the Phoenix Suns.
- Devin Booker tops list of five highest-scoring nights in Suns history
- Kobe Bryant’s ‘be legendary’ advice to Devin Booker comes full circle after 70-point night
- Devin Booker scores franchise-record 70 points in loss to Celtics
- NBA releases video of the top ten dunks from Marquese Chriss
- Suns’ loss gives Nets their first winning streak of the season