May the Fourth be with these Star Wars-inspired baseball jerseys
Like these minor league alternate uniforms, we do.
It’s May the Fourth, the official day of celebrating the Star Wars franchise. In the sports world, that means ballpark theme nights and opportunities for fun twists on jerseys.
It’s also less than a month out from the next movie release in the saga. “Solo: A Star Wars Story” comes out on May 25.
As one can imagine, that meant a heavy bend toward Han Solo-related jerseys across the minors.
Arguably, the most unique uniform was that of the Fort Wayne Tin Caps, whose jersey is an image of the Solo-owned Millennium Falcon’s cockpit. The Wilmington Blue Rocks and Altoona Curve designed their jerseys just like Solo’s typical getup.
Darth Vader’s suit appears on the Durham Bulls’ jersey, while the Omaha Storm Chasers are outfitting their players to look like rebel pilots.
Yoda, Luke Skywalker and storm troopers appear on three other uniforms, but maybe the best — yet most simple — twist comes courtesy of the Columbia Fireflies, whose White Sox-inspired jerseys turned a bat into a light saber.
- Change of scenery: Transfers find challenges followed by opportunity at ASU
- Is this the year both ASU, Arizona miss out on baseball postseason?
- Reno Aces celebrate Star Wars Night with Millennium Falcon jerseys
- Diamondbacks-Dodgers game to broadcast exclusively on Facebook
- Swinging for the fences: Chandler bat company finds its way to majors