D-backs hold Chase Field’s first cow milk-off for a good cause
Haboob Blog | May 23, 2017 3:36 pm
There was a charitable reason the Arizona Diamondbacks held Chase Field’s first cow milk-off on Tuesday.
Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller thanks team employees at ceremony
Character Counts | May 19, 2017 12:06 pm
There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that most wouldn’t catch for professional teams to stay operating at 100 percent.
NHL star Patrick Kane gives up first-class seat to serviceman
Character Counts | May 12, 2017 11:40 am
Patrick Kane decided to give up his first-class seat so that a member of America’s military was on the flight, seated in coach.
Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy adopts special needs dog left behind
Character Counts | May 10, 2017 7:35 pm
Detroit Pistons head coach and president of basketball operations Stan Van Gundy and his family adopted a special needs lab named Eastwood.
D-backs’ Goldschmidt surprises students, teacher, with visit
Character Counts | May 9, 2017 1:43 pm
The D-backs and star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt helped celebrate National Teachers Day by paying a visit to Edison Elementary School in Phoenix.
Senators’ Turris scores OT game-winner, surprises at special needs hockey banquet
Character Counts | May 8, 2017 1:36 pm
The Ottawa Senators’ Kyle Turris scored the game-winning overtime goal against the New York Rangers then surprised a special needs hockey team.
Titans GM won’t be denied in bidding for art his diabetic daughter helped create
Character Counts | May 6, 2017 8:30 am
The Titans GM held his bidding card up for all to see and he wouldn’t put it down as he walked on the stage to hug his daughter.
NBA star Lillard makes sure players donate playoff shares to support staff
Character Counts | May 5, 2017 12:54 pm
One of the benefits of making the NBA Playoffs, besides the chance to compete for a championship, is players receive more money for their efforts.
#HugsFromHollyDay spreads kindness to celebrate the life of Todd Heap’s daughter
Character Counts | May 3, 2017 7:48 pm
With #HugsFromHollyDay, Todd Heap’s family turned a tragedy into a day that impacted those not just in Arizona and Baltimore, but across the country.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity